The Social Dilemma

Dang, I just finished watching The Social Dilemma after it was recommended multiple times to me, and it sums up my unease with the general social media space so well.

Having worked at Snapchat from the early days, and seeing how as it grew exponentially… and how it leads to young, depressed people and things like Snapchat dysmorphia. :frowning_face:

This quote was so good: “I feel like we’re on the fast-track to dystopia, and it’s going to take a miracle to get us out of it. And that miracle, of course, is collective will.” - Justin Rosenstein

Let’s build out Every.org to use technology for good, to spread hope, generosity, and continue to learn from others and experts! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Ah! I’ve been avoiding this documentary for a bit. Do you feel it ended on a productive note? I have a hard time watching things that only highlight a problem with no space to share a solution. I just get really bummed out haha.

Definitely agree with how Every.org can be a place to shift the way social media has been used!

As Rafa said, Every.org can be the solution to the social dilemma! ::stuck_out_tongue: But I know it can hit different people differently. I think it was productive-ish and had some practical tips on how to raise children with social media (like devices out of the bedroom by a certain time).

1 Like